Let Way to Go Help You!
We provide several services to assist low-income working families with their vehicle transportation needs. The three basic criteria for receiving services are:
- must reside in either the City of Harrisonburg or Rockingham County
- must be employed or have a verifiable job offer
- specific assistance must be recommended by a social worker or case manager familiar with the family's needs, resources, and work history
Specific services that are provided include:
- providing a donated or purchased vehicle
- repairs, including State inspection
- vehicle insurance payments
- vehicle fees (DMV, City/County decals)
- gas vouchers
- monthly payment to bank or finance company
- taxi trips while vehicle is in the shop
- other urgent needs necessary to maintain employment
Way to go Application
This form is available for download to apply for the Way to Go program.
Vehicles for Change, regular application
This form is available for download to apply for the regular Vehicles for Change program.
Vehicles for Change Tier Two Program Application
This form is available for download to apply for the Vehicles for Change Tier Two program.